- bash05 July, 2023Time to read: 1 mins
Get information about all the shell built-in commands with the help built-in command.
- bashunicode05 July, 2023Time to read: 2 mins
Inspect text that contains control characters with the xxd command. xxd can also be useful when you want to see the bytes of UTF-8 (Unicode) encoded files.
- bashSQL04 July, 2023Time to read: 3 mins
See how to join the lines of two files in bash, based on a common column with the join command. You'll also see how to perform SQL-like joins on files.
- bash29 June, 2023Time to read: 2 mins
User awk's NR built-in variable to print only specific rows from a file.
- bash27 June, 2023Time to read: 3 mins
See how the paste command works by splitting the even and the odd lines of one column into two separate columns
- bash25 June, 2023Time to read: 1 mins
Use the cut or awk commands to extract specific columns from files and create a new file that has all the previous columns with the paste command.